Tuesday, June 21, 2011

On extended deadlines

Ah, deadlines! Can't live with them, can't live without them! You know me. I thrive under pressure. I love love love deadlines. They don't, however, always love me.

Sometimes, a deadline is scheduled for the most inopportune time. For example, the 2011 World Partnership Walk fundraising deadline was set to June 15, which didn't give a busy graduate student like me much time to build momentum and really reach out to my usual donors. Luckily, that deadline was extended to June 30! So you've got 9 more days to contribute to ending global poverty by donating now: http://www.akfcnetcommunity.ca/netcommunity/NailaJ

100% of your donation, as you know, goes directly to longterm sustainable international development solutions that consider the environment and gender equality while dealing with core areas like health, education, community engagement, and fostering the development of civil societies.

These programmes are not cookie-cutter solutions. Instead, the Aga Khan Development Network, along with receptive government agencies and local partners, go to the affected communities and ask them what they need the most. Then, they help them develop the right solution for that village, train them to implement it themselves, and give them the resources to succeed and then teach this skill to surrounding villages in need.

It's a smart way to make sure everyone feels empowered and committed to improving their own lives and livelihoods. Yeah, it's pretty awesome. So today, tomorrow, or some time before the end of June, please donate to the World Partnership Walk and help me reach my $2,500 fundraising goal! I'm about halfway there and would love to see that fundraising thermometer animation overflow! Last year, I raised $2,000 with your help so I know we can make it happen!

When I walked the 5K Walk in Ottawa on June 12 - despite having a bad case of stomach flu - the organisers announced that Ottawa had reached its fundraising target. And, our team, the Kingston Hope-Raisers, won one of the Top Team awards! So far in 2011, the World Partnership Walk has raised over $6 million dollars across Canada! Click here to donate now and be a part of the solution to global poverty.

Together, we can change the world, one step at a time.

Please help me raise funds for the World Partnership Walk: http://www.akfcnetcommunity.ca/netcommunity/NailaJ
Thanks so much for your continued support!

No comments: