Thursday, February 09, 2006

All Good Things Must Come To An End

Today is the last day of my internship, and I'm sitting through graduate paper presentations. Some are quite interesting; others are slide after slide of graphs explained in poor English. The Bolker prize will be given out at the end, one of the defining factors will be audience response. I don't think that means applause, though. Probably means how many questions are asked and on what points.

This article will be published in the next edition of Pulp and Paper Canada magazine.
(Psst: Hot Finnish guy just walked in!)

Getting back to business, I will be attending my second class of the week. I went to Radio on Monday night and explained my MiniDisk dilemna. Although the equipment depot at Loyola (the SGW depot doesn't have minidisks) is supposed to remain open until 1 PM, it usually closes a little before 5PM. According to a co-intern, they've had problems with that before.

I will be picking up a minidisk recorder later tonight, when I attend my Print Law & Ethics class. I can no longer use EXFOR 2006 as my topic, though, since the background noise won't make any sense. My topic development was weak anyway. I think I'm going to do it on award shows: if people watch them, why, etc, in light of the Grammy's last night. Again, my topic isn't fully developped yet. It needs to be done by Monday.


... This post kinda died while I got back to reporting ...

No comments: